APR’s composite material has all the strengths of products made from traditional materials, but none of the weaknesses.
- It will not rust, splinter, rot or dramatically weather with age and the impact from UV radiation is minimal
- Being chemically inert, there will be no leaching of chemical into the soil like treated wood and it will not be eaten by termites
- Has a lower thermal conductivity than metal and concrete and with minimal water absorption, makes the product resistant to sea water and salt
- Like wood, metal and plastic, APR composite products have the versatility to be easily cut, drilled, screwed, bolted and stapled to aid ease of installation
- Has a strength far greater than plastic products and being much lighter makes it easier to handle than metal or concrete
- The durability is far superior and will outlast any traditional material
Like metal, wood and plastic, composite products from APR can be easily cut, drilled, screwed, bolted and stapled but are far stronger than competing plastic products and lighter and easier to handle than wood, metal or concrete. Finally, they will outlast any traditional material.
Thanks to Government legislation and environmental awareness raising campaigns, most people know how much damage waste plastic can do to the environment.
Consider these statistics:
- Australia manufactures more than 1.3 million tonnes of plastic every year – that’s more than 71 kg for every person.
- Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1 million sea creatures every year.
- Australians use approximately 6 billion plastic bags each year – that’s around 280 bags per person, per year.
- Plastic takes 500-5000 years to degrade in landfill.
- 90% of all the rubbish collected on Australia’s beaches is plastic – Sydney’s beaches are fouled by 2,600 pieces of plastic litter for every kilometre of sand.
Consumers, businesses, industries, councils and governments alike are all now searching for ways to lessen their environmental impact, shrink their energy consumption footprints and increase the use of more sustainable products and resources.
- Made from 100% post consumer plastic and wood
- Does not leach any chemicals into surrounds
- Reduces waste matter going into landfill
- Requires minimal water for production and water is reused in manufacturing
- Its use helps to raise awareness about the benefits of recycled products
- Does not require precious natural resources for production
- Less energy is required to recycle plastic than is needed to make new plastic
- Can be used to substitute other products that do require natural resources
- New employment opportunities in a growth industry – better for the community
- Requires low energy for production
- Manufacturing produces almost zero emissions